Now more than ever, there are hundreds of publishers looking for the next great novel. But no one is going to simply knock on your door and ask if you have a novel ready for publication.
In this interactive one-day workshop, we’ll talk about all the things you need to do before you try to sell your novel, what happens during the process of getting a novel to an agent and then a publisher, and then what happens after that glorious day when the publisher says yes. We’ll examine cases where publishers said yes, said no, or said maybe, and we’ll look with a critical eye at your own work, in hopes of working towards that glorious yes.
Participants should bring the following things to the workshop:
- A one-page synopsis of the novel. (16 copies)
- A query letter seeking a literary agent. (16 copies)
- A copy of the first chapter, formatted in standard manuscript format. (one copy)
- A one paragraph writer’s biography, no more than 100 words.
- A self-addressed 9 x 12 envelope.