FREE for SCBWI Members and Writers Center Members (register using coupon code WRITERSCENTERROCKS); $25 for nonmembers
Optional written critique from a Published and Listed Member following webinar available to SCBWI and Writers Center Members only: $70.00
Behind every great writer is a great critique group. Learn tips for forming a critique group, being a valuable critique group member, how to handle negative feedback, and what to do when your critique group doesn’t agree. Most importantly, learn how to use feedback from your critique partners to make your manuscript the best it can be. Presented by the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Laura Gehl is the author of nearly twenty picture and board books with humor and heart, including ONE BIG PAIR OF UNDERWEAR (Mathical Award, Booklist Editors’ Choice); the PEEP AND EGG series (Children’s Choice Book Award Finalist, Parents’ Choice Recommendation); I GOT A CHICKEN FOR MY BIRTHDAY (a Kirkus best picture book of the year, Washington Children’s Choice Book Award nominee); MY PILLOW KEEPS MOVING (a Junior Library Guild selection, New York Public Library best books of the year selection); and EXCEPT WHEN THEY DON’T (Northern Lights Book Award for poetry, School Library Journal starred review). Her 2020 releases include BABY PALEONTOLOGIST (HarperCollins), THE NINJA CLUB SLEEPOVER (Page Street Kids), CAT HAS A PLAN (Simon & Schuster), and JUDGE JULIETTE (Sterling). Laura lives in Chevy Chase, Maryland with her husband and four kids. She loves chocolate, walking in the woods, travel, and reading–in almost every combination!
1) Go to https://tinyurl.com/critiquegrouptips and register using coupon code WRITERSCENTERROCKS
2) To add a critique on to your registration:
- Review the list of critiquers and materials accepted at https://tinyurl.com/critiquegrouptips .
- After you have registered for the webinar, email email@example.com using the subject line WRITERSCENTERROCKS Critique Add-on. State how many critiques you would like to purchase and list your critiquers in order of preference. Critiques will be filled on a first-some, first-served basis until they are sold out.
- We will send a payment request for the critique fee to your email via PayPal. Pay this invoice using a credit card or PayPal account balance. (You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay with a credit card.)
- Once your payment is received, we will manually add the critique to your registration, and you will receive confirmation by email.
- Critique submission instructions will be sent out following the live webinar.